ByrdFoto by Bryan Byrd allows use of Bryan’s images in two ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Bryan Byrd and ByrdFoto.com must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
- Blog Post describing a trip to New Mexico
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of HDR photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Byrdfoto.com. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home